Thursday, February 14, 2013

...go where you can hear a wooden screen door slam shut.

Do you ever have those days where you wake up knowing that you are going to have to do something or work on something you would rather not?  You would rather be doing anything else, be anywhere but here.

Today is one of those days for me.  I have to work on a pretty tedious project/assignment that is going to take me all day and then some and I am not looking forward to it.  Of course, much worse things could be happening and I am thankful for the blessing of being given this day of life at all, but even when an obligation or something like it is not necessarily awful it can still be hard to get through it... usually I start daydreaming instead.

Right now I'm thinking of how I can't wait for this weekend... we are supposed to spend an entire day taking a trip to another town for some fun and relaxation.
I am also thinking that if I had it my way, I would be baking up a scrumptious cake right now, or going out and enjoying the weather on a walk or a bike ride down the road.  I'm sure Lucie would appreciate that, too.
And perhaps most of all, at times like this I think there is a part in all of us that would really rather just do something free, like relax in a hammock, or lay in the grass and look up at the sky, or go swimming (which you can probably do right now in this part of the South, right in the middle of February)...
All these thoughts are running through my head right now, reminding me of how the best life is the life where you work hard but still enjoy a good deal of laid back, easy-going days with the ones you cherish most.

Which reminds me of a pinterest Southern photo I saw awhile back and loved.  It is simple, but represents a heaven on earth to me, with a front porch and a few simple words.
I remember this and always go back to it, even if only in my mind, when I feel stressed or am busy and overwhelmed.


If you're having a long day (or even if you aren't), do you want to virtually travel to this front porch with me??  We can make good use of those rockin' chairs and watch the world go by, listen to the breeze through the trees and relax our minds.  And don't forget to bring the sweet tea!


Have a beautiful day!

Blessings :)

5 comments:

  1. Visiting with you on this porch sounds heavenly :)

    I hope you had a lovely Valentine's Day, sweet friend!

    Hugs,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. that does look like heaven on earth! How amazing! Reminds me of that movie "secondhand lion" I wonder if you've ever seen it!?
    I enjoy your blog!
    swinging in a hammock sounds amazing...and I can't believe you could go to the pool...in february!!! not in Colorado where I live!
    I hope you get your task done so you can enjoy days like the one in this pictre!
    have a wonderful weekend!

    ~Morgan Ilg
    shortsleevedpants.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Morgan!
      Thankyou for stopping by and leaving such a lovely comment!
      I love that you said this reminds you of Secondhand Lions! Yes, I have seen that movie and LOVE it. It was actually filmed in my home-state, and I couldn't agree more with you that sitting on a porch relaxing reminds me of that too. That was such a peaceful front porch and life they had.
      Haha, I know it does sound weird to be able to go swimming in February but down here it has definitely been possible aside from a few colder days. I do imagine that wouldn't happen in Colorado- I have visited CO many times and it is so beautiful, I would love to have the snow! You are fortunate to live in such a gorgeous place.

      Thankyou for reading and I hope you have a wonderful weekend, too!
      And thankyou for leaving me your blog link, I am going to check it out right now :)

      Blessings to you!
      ~Jazzmin

      Delete
  3. Hello, dear Jazzmin :)

    I just had to come thank you for your extremely kind words on my blog the other day. You, my friend, are a sweetheart! And your words brought tears to my eyes. Thank you for your kindness! I am so thankful the Lord has allowed us to meet through our blogs for you have been a tremendous blessing to me!

    May you have a lovely week!

    Hugs to you,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stephanie!
      Thank you so much for your reply... you're welcome, and I meant every word :)
      Thank YOU for your kind, lovely, sweet words. They warm my heart and make me so thankful that, as you said, the Lord has allowed us to meet!! I am so grateful that He works in the way he does, bringing us to others in different ways who can encourage us or be a blessing to us as you have been to me also :)

      Blessings and hugs to you!
      ~Jazzmin

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. It is a blessing to read your kind comments. I would love if you would leave me one!

God Bless You,
Jazzmin

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...